Connect with us

World News

Buckingham Palace Breaks Silence On Meghan And Harry Claims To Oprah

Published

on

The heavily publicized television interview with Oprah Winfrey on Sunday by the duke and duchess of Sussex, Harry and Meghan, has generated tremendous reactions in the United Kingdom, and a response from the Queen.

The racial and mental health components of the interview have dwarfed other points made in it and has elicited a royal comment.

In a Twitter statement issued by Buckingham Palace, Queen Elizabeth said “while some recollections may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family privately.” The statement also said the couple and their son, Archie, will always be “much loved family members.”

Meghan Markle, the biracial wife of Prince Harry, and a former actress, who is now pregnant with her second child, had said in the interview that a member of the family raised concerns over “how dark” Archie would be.

Health

India: Delhi Announces Lockdown As COVID Cases Surge

Published

on

By

India Has Recorded More Than 200,000 Daily COVID-19 Cases For The First Time

India’s capital city, Delhi, has announced a week-long lockdown effective today, Monday, after the city recorded a spike in number of infections that has now overwhelmed the city’s healthcare system.

Government offices and essential services, such as hospitals, pharmacies and grocers, are open during the lockdown.

Delhi recorded nearly twenty-five hundred cases of the coronavirus infections on Sunday alone.

India has been reeling from a deadly second wave since early April causing a shortage of hospital beds and oxygen supplies.

India has the fourth highest number of deaths after the United States, Brazil and Mexico – though, among a population of nearly one and a half billion.

Delhi state’s chief minister, Arvind Kejriwal says the healthcare system is at a breaking point, and if a lockdown is not put in place now, the country will be looking at a bigger disaster.

Continue Reading

World News

Families Reunite As Australia-New Zealand ‘Travel Bubble’ Begins

Published

on

By

Hundreds of passengers from Australia have started arriving at New Zealand airports on Monday after authorities reopened borders, in a process that allows quarantine-free travel between the countries for the first time in more than a year.

New Zealand had enforced isolation for arrivals from its neighbour, citing concerns about sporadic virus outbreaks there.

New Zealand prime minister, Jacinda Ardern told reporters in wellington, this bubble marks a significant step in New Zealand’s reconnection with the world.

Ardern said Australian prime minister Scott Morrison and foreign minister Marise Payne would visit New Zealand very soon.

Continue Reading

World News

Boris Johnson Cancels India Trip Amid COVID Surge

Published

on

By

Boris Johnson Cancels India Trip Amid COVID Surge

British prime minister Boris Johnson has cancelled a planned trip to India, originally planned for next week, because of the rise in India’s COVID-19 cases.

India is enduring a second wave of the virus, with infections passing the 15 million mark.

Johnson had already postponed the trip once in January, when COVID-19 infections were high in Britain.

Now that the trip has been cancelled, prime ministers Modi and Johnson will speak later this month to agree and launch their ambitious plans for the future partnership between the UK and India.

Britain has invited India to attend the G7 summit it will host in June.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2021 Africa News Network.