Connect with us

Nigerian News

FG Meets With Governors, Considers Extending Curfew Hours

Published

on

The second wave of the coronavirus pandemic and the rising cases in the country are causing the federal government to review its curfew policy.

National coordinator of the presidential task force on COVID-19, Dr. Sani Aliyu, says the federal government is considering extending curfew hours as part of its response to the second wave of the pandemic.

An 8 pm to 6 am curfew, which was later relaxed to 12 midnight to 4 am, was declared in April and is still in force.

Aliyu said at a press conference on Monday that federal government was in talks with state governments on to review the curfew.

The PTF coordinator has asked vulnerable persons to stay at home, especially those who are older than sixty years or diabetics and those with other morbidities.

Aliyu said the decision for another lockdown is in the hands of, quote, “all of us the general public.”  He said as long as the general public abides by the protocols set up for the virus, there would be no need or another lockdown.

Nigerian News

Governor Ortom Tests Positive For COVID-19

Published

on

By

Benue governor, Samuel Ortom has tested positive for the coronavirus.  The governor, who is a-symptomatic, has started receiving COVID-19 treatment.

Most of Ortom’s close aides are said to have tested positive in the last few weeks.

The governor has advised those who had been in contact with him in the last few days to submit for covid-19 tests.  He also stressed that they should also encourage those with whom they have come in contact to also seek the virus tests to ensure their covid-19 status.

He also advised Benue residents to ensure compliance with COVID-19 measures, including wearing of face masks, use of sanitizer, regular hand-washing and physical and social distancing.

Ortom also said people should not be afraid of going for COVID-19 tests as that would help in curbing the spread of the disease.

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

Nigeria Customs To Begin Reduction On Vehicle Duties

Published

on

By

The Nigeria Customs Service says reduction on imported vehicles duties will begin next week.

Comptroller-general of customs, Hamed Ali said the vehicle tariff reduction is already contained in the 2020 Finance Act.

Ali told newsmen on Tuesday they are expecting an official communication from the finance ministry on the plan.  He said once it is received, they will commence implementation immediately and inform command. He added “we are hoping that latest by next week, it will become operational.”

NCS said a slash on duties is to ease the cost of transportation in Nigeria.

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

Ondo People Cannot Continue To Live In Fear—Akeredolu; Miyetti Allah Owns No Land In Nigeria–Arewa Youths

Published

on

By

Ondo governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu has reaffirmed his stand that people in the state must be secured and should not continue to live in fear of kidnappings and crimes.

He made the reaffirmation when he received the assistant Inspector-General of Police for zone 17 in Akure, and brigadier-general Raymond Utsaha, the new brigade commander of the 32 artillery, Owena cantonment in the state.

Akeredolu implored them to collaborate with other security agencies in the state to tackle insecurity.

Meanwhile, the Arewa Youth Consultative Forum has described as “rubbish” the claim by Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore that Fulani herdsmen own all the land in Nigeria.

The forum’s national president, Yerima Shettima, said nobody, but the government, owns the land in the country.  Miyetti Allah’s leader, bello Abdullahi Bodejo, has remarked on Sunday that no power can remove Fulani herdsmen from any forests in any state.  He was reacting to governor Akeredolu’s seven-day ultimatum that expired on Sunday.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 African News Network. All Rights Reserved.