Connect with us

Nigerian News

Federal Government To Clear 400 Hectares Of Land In Ekiti For Allocation To Farmers

Published

on

The federal government has set aside 400 hectares of farmland, in ekiti state’s agricultural processing zone, for allocation to farmers.

State coordinator of the federal ministry of agriculture and rural development, Olufemi Daramola, announced this along with the state commissioner for agriculture and food security, Dr. Olabode Adetoyi, in Ado Ekiti.

READ:  Femi Falana Takes On DSS In Court

Daramola said the federal government is not unaware of the huge capital involved in land clearing and preparation activities, which he says is responsible for the high cost of agricultural production.  He said the 400 hectares of land would be cleared and ready for planting before being handed over to the state government for allocation to farmers.

READ:  Ebonyi Government, Millers, Debunk News Of Fire Razing Abakaliki Rice Mill

Daramola Aso said the process was ongoing for awarding contracts for the project, and that another intervention program to combat environmental degradation has also been proposed in the zone on fifteen hectares of land.

READ:  Nigeria's Investment Inflows Drop By 12% - NBS

Nigerian News

NCDC Reports 133 New COVID-19 Cases

Published

on

By

Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed one hundred thirty-three new covid-19 cases and two deaths across the country on Sunday.

The new cases were confirmed in eight states and the federal capital territory.

READ:  Fashola Has Served Power Sector Well - Uba Counters Prof. Oke

Lagos, was first on the list with ninety cases, followed by rivers with 13, and FCT with eight. Plateau recorded the least number with one infection.

READ:  NCDC Confirms 10 New Covid-19 Cases, Total Now 184

56,611 patients have been discharged so far.  Thirty-seven hundred and four cases are still active.

Eleven hundred, twenty-five fatalities have been recorded since the first covid-19 case was recorded in the country.

READ:  Ethiopia: Amhara Attorney General Dies From Injuries After Coup 

Kogi, Sokoto and Adamawa are the only states with no current active case.

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

#EndSARS Protest In Benin: Obaseki Declares 24-Hour Curfew

Published

on

By

British Govt Makes Fresh Threats Ahead Of Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections

The protest story is not quite the same in Edo State where authorities say hoodlums, posing as genuine protesters, attacked three police stations, carted away arms and ammunition and then flung open jail doors, setting prisoners free.

READ:  Fashola Has Served Power Sector Well - Uba Counters Prof. Oke

The police say they cannot ascertain the level of damage, but confirmed reports that the protesters set some of the facilities ablaze and freed some detainees.

Meanwhile, Edo state government has imposed a 24-hour curfew across the state to curb the violence.

READ:  NIS To Unveil New 10-Year Validity Passport Booklet

The state government says this became necessary because of the vandalism and attacks on private individuals and institutions by hoodlums who posed as #EndSARS protesters.

READ:  El-Rufai's Convoy Foils Kidnap Attempt On Kaduna-Abuja Road

The government has also directed all schools and businesses to shut down activities as the curfew went into effect at 4 pm on Monday.

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

IG Lists Requirements Of SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Today

Published

on

By

Inspector General of Police Mohammed Adamu, has said operatives of the new police tactical team will operate under very high professional and ethical standards, rule of law and dictates of best international policing practices, as they begin training today, Monday.

READ:  Breaking: FG Announces Reopening Of Secondary Schools For Exit Classes

The I.G. also says no personnel of the defunct special anti-robbery squad will be a member of the new team.

Adamu says the swat training is in partnership with the International Committee of THE Red Cross (ICRC) and other development partners.

READ:  El-Rufai's Convoy Foils Kidnap Attempt On Kaduna-Abuja Road

He further says the officers selected for the training are young, smart and energetic officers who have acquired not less than seven years working experience with clean service records, no pending disciplinary matters, no record of violation of rights of citizens or misuse of firearms and are physically fit to withstand the rigours of swat training and operations.

READ:  NCDC Confirms 10 New Covid-19 Cases, Total Now 184

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 African News Network. All Rights Reserved.

%d bloggers like this: