Connect with us

Nigerian News

FG To Pay June Hazard Allowance Of Medical Workers Next Week

Published

on

FG To Pay June Hazard Allowance Of Medical Workers Next Week

The federal government says it is ready to pay from next Monday, June hazard allowances of medical workers handling covid-19 cases across the country.

Minister of labour and employment, Chris Ngige gave the assurance on Thursday at a meeting with the Nigerian Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) in Abuja.

READ:  Minimum Wage: Ngige Assures NLC Of Speedy Bill Transmission To NASS

Ngige says despite a shortfall in revenue, the government will start the payment with six hospitals, while waiting for more funds.

Ngige also announced that the University of Port Harcourt teaching hospital case has been amicably resolved, with the chief medical director bringing back the interdicted resident doctors.

READ:  Coronavirus: Medical Workers Resign After Testing Positive In South Sudan

Ngige says both factions have been merged peacefully, and elections have been conducted to elect an interim executive to conduct the affairs of the chapter till the end of the year.

READ:  FEC Gives Deadline For Payment Of New Minimum Wage Arrears

There will be a fresh election to choose a new executive that would take over next year.

President of national association of resident doctors, Aliyu Sokomba corroborated the minister’s words and said there is a significant progress.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nigerian News

NCDC Reports 133 New COVID-19 Cases

Published

on

By

Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed one hundred thirty-three new covid-19 cases and two deaths across the country on Sunday.

The new cases were confirmed in eight states and the federal capital territory.

READ:  Reps To Probe Resignation Of 365 Soldiers

Lagos, was first on the list with ninety cases, followed by rivers with 13, and FCT with eight. Plateau recorded the least number with one infection.

READ:  No Plan To Remove Fuel Subsidy, FG Insists

56,611 patients have been discharged so far.  Thirty-seven hundred and four cases are still active.

Eleven hundred, twenty-five fatalities have been recorded since the first covid-19 case was recorded in the country.

READ:  Bribery Video: Kano Assembly Sets Up 7-Man Investigative Committee

Kogi, Sokoto and Adamawa are the only states with no current active case.

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

#EndSARS Protest In Benin: Obaseki Declares 24-Hour Curfew

Published

on

By

British Govt Makes Fresh Threats Ahead Of Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections

The protest story is not quite the same in Edo State where authorities say hoodlums, posing as genuine protesters, attacked three police stations, carted away arms and ammunition and then flung open jail doors, setting prisoners free.

READ:  Defections Hit Oyo House Of Assembly

The police say they cannot ascertain the level of damage, but confirmed reports that the protesters set some of the facilities ablaze and freed some detainees.

Meanwhile, Edo state government has imposed a 24-hour curfew across the state to curb the violence.

READ:  CJ Kicks Against Holding Charge

The state government says this became necessary because of the vandalism and attacks on private individuals and institutions by hoodlums who posed as #EndSARS protesters.

READ:  Bauchi Governor Nominates New Deputy After Gidado’s Resignation

The government has also directed all schools and businesses to shut down activities as the curfew went into effect at 4 pm on Monday.

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

IG Lists Requirements Of SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Today

Published

on

By

Inspector General of Police Mohammed Adamu, has said operatives of the new police tactical team will operate under very high professional and ethical standards, rule of law and dictates of best international policing practices, as they begin training today, Monday.

READ:  Bribery Video: Kano Assembly Sets Up 7-Man Investigative Committee

The I.G. also says no personnel of the defunct special anti-robbery squad will be a member of the new team.

Adamu says the swat training is in partnership with the International Committee of THE Red Cross (ICRC) and other development partners.

READ:  ASUU Plans To Call Off Strike After Reaching Agreement With FG

He further says the officers selected for the training are young, smart and energetic officers who have acquired not less than seven years working experience with clean service records, no pending disciplinary matters, no record of violation of rights of citizens or misuse of firearms and are physically fit to withstand the rigours of swat training and operations.

READ:  Coronavirus: Medical Workers Resign After Testing Positive In South Sudan

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 African News Network. All Rights Reserved.

%d bloggers like this: