Connect with us

African News

DR Congo Launches Measles Vaccination / Video

Published

on

DR Congo Launches Measles Vaccination

The Democratic Republic of Congo has  launched a measles vaccination campaign that targets nearly 18 million children across the country after more than 5,000 people are reported to have died of the disease this year.

READ:  Nigeria To Get Substantial Investment From Dutch Firm

The World Health Organization (WHO) has described measles as the world’s largest and fastest-moving epidemic.
250,000 people majority children were infected this year alone in the DRC. Health authorities are hoping the campaign will roll back the outbreak.

READ:  President Kabila To Address DR Congo

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

African News

Rwanda, Private Sector Partner On Education

Published

on

By

Rwanda, Private Sector Partner On Education

Rwanda ministry of education has announced its partnership with the private sector to boost education and achieve its goals.

Members of the private sector have vowed to work closer with the ministry to support the sector as the government pushes for knowledge-based economy.

READ:  UN Envoy Wants Transparency Over CAR Arms Imports

The private sector is working to support the government’s efforts through technology, setting up schools, teacher training, finance and community work to accelerate development especially in rural areas.

READ:  Central Africa Armed Groups Present Peace Demands To AU Panel

Minister of state in the ministry of education, Dr. Isaac Munyakazi says the private sector has much offer in quality education in addition to improving infrastructure.

READ:  President Kabila To Address DR Congo

Continue Reading

African News

Algeria Declares Fmr. PM Tebboune Winner Of Presidential Election

Published

on

By

Algerians Protest Against Disputed Election 

Algeria`s former prime minister Abdelmadjid Tebboune has won the nations’s presidential election with 58% of the vote, in an election marred by protests and a boycott.  74-year-old Tebboune was a civil servant before he became prime minister in 2017, he also served as housing minister and information minister.

READ:  DR Congo Expels EU Ambassador, EU Reacts

Algeria national electoral body says the voter turnout was just 40% – the lowest ever for a multi-party election in Algeria.

The vote had been boycotted by people in the protest movement who said all the candidates were recycled. Demonstrators wanted a new kind of politics and political candidates. All five candidates in the election are former senior government officials.

READ:  Nigeria To Get Substantial Investment From Dutch Firm

Thousands of Algerians took to the streets in Algiers on Thursday to protest against a presidential election they describe as a charade.  They were chanting “no vote! We want freedom!” They claim it was an election held to keep the ruling elite in power. Police used sticks to disperse marchers in the capital, but had to fall back as the crowd grew.

READ:  Violence Rages In Tripoli As UN Calls For Talks

Continue Reading

African News

EU Removes Gabon From Euro Airspace Blacklist After 11 Years

Published

on

By

EU Removes Gabon From Euro Airspace Blacklist After 11 Years

The European Union has removed Gabonese airlines from a blacklist of airlines that are banned from flying into European airspace.

The clearance was announced earlier this week by EU commissioner for transport Adina Vălean.  This means Gabon airlines, as the National Regional Transport, NRT, can now resume flights to Europe after eleven years.

READ:  Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Congressional Delegation Arrive Ghana

The EU commission said it removed Gabon from the list following improvement efforts in aviation safety by Gabonese authorities. It also said, it has cleared all Gabonese air carriers from the eu air safety list.

READ:  UN Urges DRC To Ensure Peaceful Elections In December

Carriers based in the two Congos, Djibouti, and Equatorial Guinea still remain banned. Also blacklisted are Eritrea, Liberia, Libya, São Tomé and Príncipe, Sierra Leone, and the Sudan.

READ:  UN Envoy Wants Transparency Over CAR Arms Imports

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 African News Network. All Rights Reserved.

%d bloggers like this: