Connect with us

African News

Namibia Receives More COVID-19 Medicals Supplies From China

Published

on

Namibia Receives More COVID-19 Medicals Supplies From China

Namibia has on Thursday received a batch of COVID-19 supplies worth 300,000 U.S. dollars donated by the Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on the occasion of China’s 71st anniversary.

Namibia’s Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of International Relations and Cooperation, Netumbo Nandi-Ndaitwah speaking at the handover event held in Windhoek conveyed warm congratulations to China as it celebrates its anniversary, stating that the donation comes at an opportune time as the two countries continue to strengthen diplomatic ties.

READ:  Malawi Legalizes Cannabis For Medicine And Industrial Fibres

The donation included 30,000 N95 masks, 10 oxygenators, 20 ventilators, and 100 thermometers, making this the fourth batch of COVID-19 supply donations from the Chinese government so far.

READ:  Mass Radio Campaign Saves Thousands Of Children in Africa

The Chinese Ambassador to Namibia Zhang Yiming said the friendly protocol arrangement demonstrates the friendly relationship and common determination to jointly fight the COVID-19 between China and Namibia.

Meanwhile, Namibia’s executive director of the Ministry of Health, Ben Nangombe, said the items Namibia received from China have gone a long way in assisting the country’s health sector, be it through donated clinical materials or through telemedicine conferences.

READ:  Covid-19: Algeria’s University Sets Up Device For Remote Diagnosis

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

African News

South Africa’s Health Minister Tests Positive For COVID-19

Published

on

By

South Africa’s Health Minister Tests Positive For COVID-19

South Africa’s health minister Zweli Mkhize has on Sunday said that he and his wife have tested positive for COVID- 19.

The minister who is now self-isolating tested after feeling tired and with a loss of appetite.

He is now self- isolating and says he’s optimistic that they will both recover fully.

READ:  Covid-19: Algeria’s University Sets Up Device For Remote Diagnosis

In order to reduce the risk of a second wave, Mkhize urged citizens to continue to take health precautions having become the fifth minister to catch the virus in South Africa.

On Monday, president Cyril Ramaphosa wished the health minister a speedy recovery after contracting coronavirus.

READ:  Lagos State Commissioner For Health Recovers From COVID-19

Ramaphosa in a tweet said “I wish you and your wife, Dr May Mkhize, a safe, restful and speedy recovery from #COVID19.”

He added “I also join the Minister in calling on all South Africans to remain careful and do all that we need to do to #StaySafe and help the country avoid a second wave of the pandemic.”

READ:  Covid-19: MC Oluomo Warns NURTW Members, Transport Operators In Lagos

With more than 703,793 coronavirus cases with 18,471 deaths, South Africa remains the worst-hit by the pandemic on the continent.

Continue Reading

African News

Madagascar Announces End Of State Of Health Emergency

Published

on

By

Madagascar Announces End Of State Of Health Emergency

Madagascar has announced the end of the state of health emergency imposed to curb COVID-19- pandemic

The Madagascan government announced on Sunday, halt to the health emergency following the president Andry Rajoelina`s announcement that the country has had 96% recovery rate.

READ:  Ethiopia Accuses U.S. Of Favoring Egypt In Nile Dam Talks

Rajoelina attributed the recovery to some of the measures taken including the distribution of herbal- COVID-organics. The World Health Organization says there is no cure for the virus.

READ:  Catholic Church Hit By Bomb Blast In Philippine

Madagascar has recorded 16,000 coronavirus cases and 238 deaths.

Country’s borders remain closed due to the increase in cases in other countries. International flights to mainland Madagascar is completely suspended.

READ:  WFP Chief Warns Of Hunger Pandemic As Covid-19 Spreads

An airport –nosy is the only airport open to countries not suffering from a second wave of the pandemic.

Continue Reading

African News

Guinea: Vote Count Begins After Tense Election

Published

on

By

Guinea: Vote Count Begins After Tense Election

Ballots are being counted in Guinea’s presidential election as incumbent, 82-year-old Alpha Condé, seeks a controversial third term.

A divisive new constitution allows Alpha Condé to run again, amid political and ethnic tensions. Ten other candidates are also running.

Sunday’s election was conducted in a tense atmosphere although security minister, Damantang Camara said no major incidents were registered.

READ:  Catholic Church Hit By Bomb Blast In Philippine

He said he was concerned by a statement from the leader of the opposition Union of Democratic Forces of Guinea (UFDG) party, Cellou Dalein Diallo, who said he would not recognize the results if he would not win.

He urged candidates to refrain from making irresponsible statements.

READ:  Freedom Of Expression In Danger In Egypt

Presidential candidates need more than 50% of the vote for an outright victory, or there will be a second round in November.

The electoral law says provisional results must be announced 72 hours after closure of polling stations.

Candidates will then have eight days to lodge appeals, failure to which the final results will be deemed uncontested.

READ:  Rwanda Signs Agreement With African Union, UNHCR

Meanwhile, Guinean prime minister Ibrahima Kassory Fofana has said candidates should refrain from proclaiming victory before the actual results are announced.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 African News Network. All Rights Reserved.

%d bloggers like this: