Juventus striker Cristiano Ronaldo has on Tuesday tested positive for the coronavirus.
According to the Portuguese football federation, Ronaldo will now undertake a period in quarantine after contracting COVID-19 while away on international duty
The federation stated in a statement released that “Cristiano Ronaldo was released from training with the national team after a positive test for COVID-19, so he will not face Sweden, adding that “the Portugal international is doing well, without symptoms, and in isolation.
The 35-year-old played the full 90 minutes of Portugal’s 0-0 draw with France on Sunday, winning his 167th international cap in the process.
Portugal and France lead Group 3 with seven points each after three matches.
The Portuguese star is also set to miss Juventus’ trip to Crotone in Serie A this weekend, as well as their Champions League group stage opener against Dynamo Kiev on October 20.
Barca To Hold Presidential Election January 24
Barcelona will hold elections for a new president in January after former chief Josep Maria Bartomeu resigned in August.
Bartomeu stepped down after the Catalan giants had been unsettled by a transfer request from their star player Lionel Messi.
One of the front runners joan laporta has already announced he will run for the office.
Potential candidates must collect 2,257 support signatures with a list to be drawn up in mid-December and made official by the end of the month.
Edinson Cavani Could Face Three-Game Ban As FA Investigates Social Media Post
Manchester United striker, Edinson Cavani could face a three-game ban if the Football Association finds him guilty of using the racist language, “gracias negrito,” in an Instagram story he shared on Sunday evening.
The FA says it is investigating the post, which was published shortly after United’s 3-2 win against Southampton.
At the start of this season, the fa issued fresh guidelines on racist language and behaviour on social media, with offences carrying a minimum ban of three matches.
F1 World Champion Lewis Hamilton Tests Positive For Coronavirus
World champion Lewis Hamilton is set to miss this weekend’s Sakhir Grand Prix in Bahrain after testing positive for coronavirus.
The Formula One’s governing body FIA announced Tuesday that “in accordance with COVID-19 protocols and public health authority guidelines in Bahrain he (Hamilton) is now isolating.”
FIA further said the incident would not affect the weekend event “the procedures set out by the FIA and Formula 1 will ensure no wider impact on this weekend’s event.”
The 35-year-old Briton who on Sunday won the Bahrain Grand Prix, the first of back-to-back races in the Gulf state, has already secured a record-equalling seventh world championship this season.
In a statement from Hamilton’s Mercedes team stated Hamilton “woke up on Monday morning with mild symptoms and was informed at the same time that a contact prior to arrival in Bahrain had subsequently tested positive.”
The Mercedes team “Lewis therefore took a further test and returned a positive result. This has since been confirmed by a retest.
The team added it would announce a replacement driver later in the week. Reserve driver Stoffel Vandoorne was already scheduled to travel to Bahrain after Formula E testing in Valencia.