Connect with us

Nigerian News

Modular Refineries:  No Government Has Succeeded Like Buhari – Lai Mohammed

Published

on

Modular Refineries:  No Government Has Succeeded Like Buhari - Lai Mohammed

Minister of information and culture, Lai Mohammed says president Muhammadu Buhari has succeeded more than his predecessors in bringing modular refineries into reality in the country.

The minister made the statement earlier in the week while touring the Waltersmith Modular Refinery and petro-chemical company in Ibigwe, Imo State.  The refinery is due for commissioning next month.

READ:  2019 Elections: Celebrities Voice Support For Buhari

The minister said refineries in the country were able to come into being because of the enabling environment created by the Buhari administration.  He said many previous government talked about modular refineries, but none was able to bring them to reality until now.

READ:  Senate Asks NNPC, CBN To Explain Withdrawal Of $1.2b

He assured Nigerians of cheaper petroleum products now that medium-scale refineries are coming on board.  He said, as a result, debates about subsidy will become irrelevant because everything produced by the modular refineries would be for domestic consumption.

The Waltersmith refinery is a partnership with the Nigerian content development and monitoring board.  It will start with five thousand barrels per day and will increase production at two different stages till it reaches half a million barrels per day.

READ:  No Chinese Doctor Has Tested Positive To COVID-19, Says Lai Mohammed

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nigerian News

End SARS: Sanwo-Olu Needs N1trillion To Reconstruct Lagos State – Gbajabiamila

Published

on

By

End SARS: Sanwo-Olu Needs N1trillion To Reconstruct Lagos State – Gbajabiamila

As Lagos State government eases curfew from 6 am to 8 pm, governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu says, as a result of wanton destruction of public assets by hoodlums, rebuilding the state will cost one trillion naira.

Lagos was the epicentre of the #EndSARS protests.  The city experienced massive looting, arson and destruction Wednesday to Friday.  Many have attributed these acts to anger arising from the attacks by the Nigerian military on young unarmed protesters at the Lekki toll gate.

READ:  Buhari, National Assembly Dragged To Court Over $29.96 Billion Foreign Loan

Speaker of the House of Representatives, Femi Gbajabiamila, visited Lagos state governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu in Lagos on Sunday during which they discussed the estimated cost of repairing damages in the state.

READ:  Senate Asks NNPC, CBN To Explain Withdrawal Of $1.2b

Among other public assets destroyed are 89 new city buses burnt down in Oyingbo and Berger where they were parked.

Also burnt are the forensic and DNA centre, the Igbosere High Court, local government secretariat buildings, hundreds of vehicles, street lights, and other public buildings scattered across the state.

READ:  Election: Buhari Directs Security Agents To South South

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

NCDC Reports 62 New Cases Of COVID-19

Published

on

By

Nigeria Centre for Disease Control posted sixty-two new cases of coronavirus infections in eleven states on Sunday.

Plateau State led the pack with 18 new infections.  Ogun had 15, while the Federal Capital Territory and eight other states all recorded new infections in single digits.

READ:  Election: Buhari Directs Security Agents To South South

The new figure pushes up total infections in the country to 61,992.  57,000 coronavirus patients have recovered and have been discharged nationwide.

The death toll now stands at eleven hundred thirty.  Nigeria has now tested more than 600,000 persons.

READ:  "More Prosperous Days Will Come Soon" - Lai Mohammed

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

NBC Fines Channels, Arise TV, AIT Over #EndSARS Coverage

Published

on

By

The National Broadcasting Commission has on Monday slammed sanctions on some major broadcast stations in Nigeria for what it termed “unprofessional coverage” of the #EndSARS protests over the past few weeks.

READ:  Stakeholders Say Technology Can Accelerate Nigeria’s Development

Announcing the move, at a press conference in Abuja, Prof. Armstrong Idachaba who is acting Director-General of the broadcasting regulating body said the affected media houses including Arise News, African Independent Television (AIT) and Channels Television were fined between N2 million and N3 million each for flouting the provisions of the Nigerian broadcasting code.

READ:  Buhari, National Assembly Dragged To Court Over $29.96 Billion Foreign Loan

Earlier, NBC had warned all television and radio stations against reporting the #EndSARS protests in a manner that could embarrass the government or private individuals or cause disaffection, incite to panic or rift in the society.

READ:  FG Shuts Down Three Airports Over Coronavirus

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 African News Network. All Rights Reserved.

%d bloggers like this: