Connect with us

Nigerian News

Borno: IGP Condemns Attack On Governor Zulum’s Convoy

Published

on

The Inspector-General of Police, Mohammed Adamu has on Sunday condemned the attack on the convoy of Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum by Boko Haram insurgents.

According to reports, nearly 30 security operatives reportedly lost their lives during the attack which occurred along Monguno–Cross Kawua road while the governor was going to Baga on Friday.

READ:  Ministerial Screening: Nominees Express Confidence To Bring Positive Change

In a statement by the IGP released by the force spokesman, DCP Frank Mba, he said the Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of the Police Medical Services, Olubunmi Ogunsanwo has been directed to work with the Commissioner of Police, Borno State Command, Bello Makwashi, and the Police Health Maintenance Organisation towards ensuring adequate medicare for the officers injured during the attack.

READ:  Boko Haram Kidnaps 15 Girls Near Nigerian Border

It added “while condoling the families and friends of those killed during the attack, the IGP reassured the country, particularly the people of Borno State that the morale of police officers and other security agencies involved in providing security, especially in the state has not and will not be dampened by the incident.

READ:  Niger Army Kill 280 Boko Haram Militants - Government

The IGP further called for the continuous support and trust of the public in the Nigeria Police Force “as it strives to make the country safer and more secure.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nigerian News

NCDC Reports 133 New COVID-19 Cases

Published

on

By

Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has confirmed one hundred thirty-three new covid-19 cases and two deaths across the country on Sunday.

The new cases were confirmed in eight states and the federal capital territory.

READ:  At Least 16 Nigerian Troops Missing After Boko Haram Attack

Lagos, was first on the list with ninety cases, followed by rivers with 13, and FCT with eight. Plateau recorded the least number with one infection.

READ:  Ministerial Screening: Nominees Express Confidence To Bring Positive Change

56,611 patients have been discharged so far.  Thirty-seven hundred and four cases are still active.

Eleven hundred, twenty-five fatalities have been recorded since the first covid-19 case was recorded in the country.

READ:  Boko Haram Kidnaps 50 Loggers In Nigeria - Civilian Militia

Kogi, Sokoto and Adamawa are the only states with no current active case.

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

#EndSARS Protest In Benin: Obaseki Declares 24-Hour Curfew

Published

on

By

British Govt Makes Fresh Threats Ahead Of Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections

The protest story is not quite the same in Edo State where authorities say hoodlums, posing as genuine protesters, attacked three police stations, carted away arms and ammunition and then flung open jail doors, setting prisoners free.

READ:  Aviation: Group Urges Unions To Shelve Strike

The police say they cannot ascertain the level of damage, but confirmed reports that the protesters set some of the facilities ablaze and freed some detainees.

Meanwhile, Edo state government has imposed a 24-hour curfew across the state to curb the violence.

READ:  Boko Haram Kidnaps 15 Girls Near Nigerian Border

The state government says this became necessary because of the vandalism and attacks on private individuals and institutions by hoodlums who posed as #EndSARS protesters.

READ:  UN Chief Calls For Hauwa Liman Killers To Be Brought To Justice

The government has also directed all schools and businesses to shut down activities as the curfew went into effect at 4 pm on Monday.

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

IG Lists Requirements Of SWAT Operatives As Training Begins Today

Published

on

By

Inspector General of Police Mohammed Adamu, has said operatives of the new police tactical team will operate under very high professional and ethical standards, rule of law and dictates of best international policing practices, as they begin training today, Monday.

READ:  Niger Army Kill 280 Boko Haram Militants - Government

The I.G. also says no personnel of the defunct special anti-robbery squad will be a member of the new team.

Adamu says the swat training is in partnership with the International Committee of THE Red Cross (ICRC) and other development partners.

READ:  Tanzania Arrests Opposition Leader

He further says the officers selected for the training are young, smart and energetic officers who have acquired not less than seven years working experience with clean service records, no pending disciplinary matters, no record of violation of rights of citizens or misuse of firearms and are physically fit to withstand the rigours of swat training and operations.

READ:  At Least 16 Nigerian Troops Missing After Boko Haram Attack

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 African News Network. All Rights Reserved.

%d bloggers like this: