Connect with us

Nigerian News

FG Announces NECO, NCEE, NABTEB Exam Dates

Published

on

FG Announces NECO, NCEE, NABTEB Exam Dates

The Federal Government has announced that the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations (SSCE) organized by the National Examination Council (NECO) for SS3 pupils will commence on October 5 and to end on November 18, 2020.

At the end of a two-day meeting with Chief Executives of examination bodies, the Minister of State for Education, Emeka Nwajiuba announced the dates.

Director of Press and Public Relations, Federal Ministry of Education (FMoE), Ben Goong, made the announcement.

READ:  Supreme Court Has Damaged Its Reputation - HURIWA

Furthermore, the National Common Entrance Examination (NCEE) into Unity Colleges will hold on October 17, 2020. Also, National Business and Technical Examination Board (NABTEB) examinations will start on September 21.

On Tuesday, Nigeria’s COVID-19 infections have now exceeded 41,800 after the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) reported 624 new cases.

NCDC further confirmed nearly nineteen thousand patients who have recovered from the virus.

READ:  FG Gives Conditions For Re-Opening Land Borders 

Eighteen states, including Lagos and the Federal Capital Territory, all recorded new cases. Lagos with more than 200 cases, and Oyo with sixty-nine top the list on Tuesday.

Despite the increasing numbers of infections, the federal government added one more week to the current phase of eased lockdown because of Sallah celebrations.

Secretary to the government of the federation, Boss Mustapha, announced this on Monday at the bi-weekly presidential task force on COVID-19.

READ:  Abia Lawmaker Cries Out To FG Over Aba-Ikot Ekpene Road

So far, according to the NCDC, 18,764 patients among the 41,804 infected with the virus have been discharged while 868 deaths have been recorded.

Nigeria is Africa’s third most impacted country behind South Africa and Egypt.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Nigerian News

COVID-19: Tax Keeps Nigeria Afloat, Not Oil Money – FIRS Tells Nigerians

Published

on

By

COVID-19: Tax Keeps Nigeria Afloat, Not Oil Money -- FIRS Tells Nigerians

The Federal Inland Revenue Service is urging Nigerians to pay their taxes.

FIRS executive chairman, Muhammad Nami, says Nigeria’s economy is being sustained by taxes, not by oil revenues, even in light of the covid-19 outbreak.

READ:  FG Reacts To Speculated US Visa Ban Against Nigeria

Nami says tax revenues have played a great role in financing part of allocations shared by states.  The FIRS boss made these comments during a television public enlightenment appearance to educate citizens on voluntary tax compliance, including stamp duty payments which he says have increased from eighteen billion naira to a current level of around eighty billion naira.

READ:  Anambra State House Of Assembly Pass Vote Of Confidence On Speaker

He implored outlets that collect the taxes to remit them to the government so the impact of oil revenue bust would be minimized.

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

Shoprite Debunks Rumors Of Leaving Nigeria

Published

on

By

Shoprite Debunks Rumors Of  Leaving Nigeria

Retail giant, Shoprite, which has been in the Nigerian marketplace for fifteen years now, has debunked rumors it was planning to leave Nigeria.

Stories began flooding the social media on Monday that Shoprite has decided to leave the country because of a series of problems in doing business in Nigeria.

READ:  FG Shuts Lagos, Abuja Airports Over Covid-19

But, country director for Chastex Consult, Ini Archibong, told a newspaper in Lagos, Shoprite is staying in Nigeria.  He said all the company had done was to open up investment opportunities in the company to Nigerians.  He said the company would not exit the country where it has a thirty-billion-dollar investment.

READ:  FG Steps Up Measures To Address Border Insecurity

If the report had been true, more than two thousand Nigerians would have lost their jobs.

Continue Reading

Nigerian News

Air Peace Sacks Pilots Over Coronavirus Pandemic

Published

on

By

Air Peace Sacks 69 Pilots Over Coronavirus Pandemic

The devastating effects of COVID-19 pandemic cut across different sectors of the economy not leaving out the aviation sector as one of Nigeria’s biggest airline operator, Air Peace laid off a number of pilots and cut salaries.

The airline said in a statement on Monday that the decision became necessary in order to cope with the impact of the coronavirus on its operations without disclosing the number of pilots affected, but industry sources put the figure at around 70.

READ:  ASUU Suspends Three Month Strike After Reaching Agreement With FG

The company said that it took the “very painful, but rightful decision”, adding that “the airline cannot afford to toe the path of being unable to continue to fulfill its financial obligations to its staff, external vendors, aviation agencies, maintenance organizations, insurance companies, banks and other creditors.

READ:  Breaking: FG Places Travel Ban On 13 Countries Over Coronavirus Outbreak

Air Peace said “anything short of what we have done may lead to the collapse of an airline as could be seen in some places worldwide during this period.

READ:  FG Gives Conditions For Re-Opening Land Borders 

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 African News Network. All Rights Reserved.

%d bloggers like this: