Connect with us

World News

Trump Acquitted By Senate In Impeachment Trial 

Published

on

Trump Acquitted By Senate In Impeachment Trial 

President Donald Trump has been found not guilty in his impeachment trial bringing to an end the Democrats’ bid to remove him from office.

The senate, dominated by the president’s fellow Republicans, voted to acquit him 52-48 on charges of abuse of power and 53-47 on obstruction of congress.

READ:  Huge Crowds In Iran For Commander's Funeral, Daughter Warns U.S. Of 'Dark Day'

Democrats charged Trump in December with pressuring Ukraine to smear a potential white house rival which they consider an abuse of office.

President Trump is now the first impeached president to seek re-election.  This impeachment process has brought to a focus the very sharp political division between the two parties.

READ:  Germany And US Disagree On Iran Deal

World News

US Health Officials Warn Of Bad Coronavirus Week Ahead

Published

on

By

US Health Officials Warn Of Bad Coronavirus Week Ahead

US senior health officials are warning Americans against what they say would be the “hardest” week of the coronavirus crisis.  They say the death toll could be in unprecedented numbers these next two weeks.  Some hope was raised on Sunday in a slightly slowing number of fatalities in New York.

READ:  U.S. House Of Reps Speaker Requests For Briefing On Khashoggi

President Donald Trump echoed some optimism during an evening briefing, but he still acknowledged that difficult situations are ahead.

Director of the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Dr. Anthony Fauci said in light of the optimism being expressed “tomorrow, the next day, are going to look really bad.”

READ:  Huge Crowds In Iran For Commander's Funeral, Daughter Warns U.S. Of 'Dark Day'

Confirmed coronavirus cases in the country have reached nearly three hundred forty thousand with just under ten thousand deaths.

Continue Reading

World News

Coronavirus: U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson ‘In Charge’ Despite Hospital Admission

Published

on

By

Coronavirus: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson 'In Charge' Despite Hospital Admission

Britain’s Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has said on Monday Prime Minister Boris Johnson would continue to lead the government despite spending the night in hospital with coronavirus.

Jenrick said “obviously today, he’s in hospital having the test but he’ll continue to be kept informed as to what’s happening and to be in charge of the government.”

READ:  US Moves Nearer To Shutdown Amid Coronavirus Fears

The housing secretary told BBC, “he’s been working extremely hard, leading the government and being constantly updated, that’s going to continue.”

Earlier, Johnson tested positive for coronavirus on March 27 and was taken to a London hospital on Sunday evening with “persistent symptoms” – including a temperature – for a series of routine tests.

READ:  Iran Leader Approves Tapping Sovereign Fund for Flood Relief And Reconstruction

The 55-year-old who had been isolating in Downing Street after testing positive for the virus was taken to hospital after his doctors felt he needed additional tests.

READ:  Many U.S. Firms In China Eyeing Relocation As Trade War Bites - Survey

Continue Reading

World News

Coronavirus: Wuhan Begins To Return To Everyday Life

Published

on

By

Coronavirus: Wuhan Begins To Return To Everyday Life

After more than two months of isolation, residents of Wuhan, China where it is believed to be the origin of the coronavirus outbreak, have been allowed to leave their homes for the first time in months as authorities are easing the city-wide lockdown that kept Wuhan’s 11 million residents at home.

Although, many shops are still closed after numbers of new cases of covid-19 have fallen dramatically, sidewalk vendors can be seen wearing face masks and gloves as they sold pork, tomatoes, carrots and other vegetables to shoppers on Friday.

READ:  Iran’s Foreign Ministry Confirms Arrest Of US Citizen, Michael White

Since the lockdown on January 23, many restaurants, shops and other businesses shut down in the city as residents relied on online groceries and government-organized food deliveries.

READ:  Israel Getting Set For April Election

Residents have been slowly trickling back on to the streets of Wuhan which recorded more than 50,000 coronavirus cases. At least 3,000 persons died in Hubei province from coronavirus.

Volunteers in protective suits disinfected public areas in preparation for an increase in activity. Officials are concerned about the possibility of a second wave of infections, warning people to remain vigilant as it orders local health authorities to step up detection, monitoring and supervision.

READ:  Australian Authorities Steer Mass Evacuation Amid Deadly Blazes

A total of 81,589 confirmed cases have been reported in China, which exclude asymptomatic patients, and 3,318 deaths from the outbreak.

Globally, the number of cases has topped 1 million, with at least 52,000 deaths.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 African News Network. All Rights Reserved.

%d bloggers like this: