Connect with us

Health News

Equatorial Guinea Donates $2m To China To Help Combat Coronavirus

Published

on

Equatorial Guinea Donates $2m To China To Help Combat Coronavirus

Equatorial Guinea government has announced a solidarity contribution of 2 million dollars to China in fight against rampaging coronavirus outbreak that has already cost too many lives.

The government made the decision after a cabinet meeting this week chaired by president Obiang Nguema Mbasogo in expression of solidarity and support for the Chinese government who according to minister of mines and hydrocarbons Gabriel Mbaga Obiang Lima, has always been a very strong and loyal supporter of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea.

READ:  Polio Vaccine: 50,000 Northeast Children Yet To Benefit - NPHCDA

Latest updates from the World Health Organization indicates that the coronavirus has affected at least 28,000 persons, and killed more than 500 persons in China.

READ:  FMD Outbreak: Namibia Suspends Meat Importation From SA

Health News

Hundreds Of Chinese Inmates Infected With Novel Coronavirus

Published

on

By

Coronavirus Kills Young Wuhan Doctor As Hundreds Infected In China's Prisons

Chinese prison officials have officials have been fired after more than 500 cases of the newly discovered virus were diagnosed in five prisons across three Chinese provinces, including Hubei, the epicenter of the outbreak.

On Friday, authorities said the virus known as covid-19 has infected hundreds of Chinese inmates, contributing to a jump in reported cases beyond the epicentre in Hubei province, including 100 more in South Korea.

Also, a 29-year-old doctor in Wuhan who worked in respiratory and critical care at Jiangxia district’s First People’s Hospital has become the latest victim of the coronavirus.

READ:  China Criticizes Britain For 'Shameless' Comments On Hong Kong

Wuhan health authorities said Peng Yinhua had contracted the infection while working on the “front line”, he was admitted to hospital on 25 January. His condition dramatically worsened by 30 January, when he was sent to the Jinyintan hospital in Wuhan for emergency treatment.

According to a statement from his hospital, Weng died on Thursday at 9.50pm.

READ:  Coronavirus: Rwanda's Health Minister Fired For Lying About Testing Kits

China’s National Health Commission on Friday said it had received 75,465 reports of confirmed cases and 2,236 deaths on the Chinese mainland.

An additional 102 confirmed infections have been reported in the special administrative regions of Hong Kong and Macao as well as Taiwan, with two deaths in Hong Kong and one in Taiwan.

On Friday, Hubei province revised its number of newly confirmed cases to add 220 infections from the province’s prison system. Officials did not say when those infections took place but said that a total of 271 cases, of which 51 had already been counted, had been diagnosed.

READ:  Kenya Quarantines Student Suspected Of Coronavirus

On Thursday, in the eastern province of Shandong, 200 prisoners and seven guards tested positive in Rencheng prison, after infections among correctional officers were first detected last week.

Continue Reading

Health News

China’s Hubei, Epicentre Of Coronavirus, Extends Work Suspension To March 11

Published

on

By

China's Hubei, Epicentre Of Coronavirus, Extends Work Suspension To March 11

China’s Hubei province has ordered all schools and businesses to remain shut until mid-march because of the coronavirus epidemic.

Authorities say only businesses involved in epidemic prevention and control or necessary public services would be exempted.

READ:  China Criticizes Britain For 'Shameless' Comments On Hong Kong

Hubei is the epicentre of the outbreak, which has infected some 75,000 people and killed about 2,100.

On Wednesday, authorities in Iran confirmed three new cases of the virus known as Covid-19, a day after two people died from the infection in the city of Qom.

READ:  Lagos Records First Case Of Lassa Fever In 2020

Continue Reading

Health News

Two Passengers From Coronavirus-Hit Cruise Ship In Japan Die

Published

on

By

Two Passengers From Coronavirus-Hit Cruise Ship In Japan Die

Japanese government has on Thursday said two elderly passengers, an 87-year-old man and an 84-year-old woman became the first people from aboard a cruise ship moored near Tokyo to die of the coronavirus.

After two weeks of quarantine, hundreds more passengers disembarked from the Diamond Princess cruise ship which has been held since Feb. 3 with initially 3,700 people on board.

READ:  Third Canadian Detained In China

The 621 coronavirus cases aboard the ship are by far the largest cluster of infection outside China.

The health ministry said the two patients who died both tested positive for the virus although the woman’s cause of death was listed as pneumonia, the ministry also added that two government officials who had worked on the ship were infected, it added, bringing the number of infected officials to five.

READ:  Coronavirus Death Toll Tops 1,800 As 780 Million Remain On Lockdown In China

On Thursday, China called for solidarity in a special meeting called to discuss the coronavirus outbreak with Southeast Asian nations, as Beijing faces criticism for its handling of the epidemic.

READ:  Coronavirus: Rwanda's Health Minister Fired For Lying About Testing Kits

ASEAN foreign ministers joined hands with their Chinese counterpart Wang Yi during the meeting and shouted “Stay strong, Wuhan! Stay strong, China! Stay strong, ASEAN!”. Wuhan is the Chinese city at the epicentre of the outbreak.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 African News Network. All Rights Reserved.

%d bloggers like this: