Connect with us

World News

Iran Warns Europeans Of ‘Consequences’ In Nuclear Dispute

Published

on

Iran Warns Europeans Of 'Consequences' In Nuclear Dispute

Iran has sent a strong warning to the United Kingdom, France and Germany, that it will respond seriously and firmly to their decision to launch a dispute mechanism against it under their 2015 nuclear deal.

The European nations announced on Tuesday they triggered the dispute mechanism in order to force Iran to honor its commitments under the accord.

READ:  Sri Lanka Bars Former President From Acting As Prime Minister

Iran’s foreign minister, Mohammad Zarif, says triggering the mechanism was baseless and a “strategic mistake.”

Analysts say the move may mean the end of the nuclear accord and the reimposition of more sanctions against Tehran.

READ:  Bahamas Officials Say Thousands Missing In Dorian's Wake 

Iran has long accused the Europeans of reneging on promises to protect its economy from US sanctions, and foreign ministry spokesman, Abbas Mousavi, dismissed the actions of the three countries. He said Iran would support any act of “goodwill and constructive effort” to save the agreement.

READ:  Japanese Hostage Returns Home After Three Years In Syrian Hell

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

World News

US Health Officials Warn Of Bad Coronavirus Week Ahead

Published

on

By

US Health Officials Warn Of Bad Coronavirus Week Ahead

US senior health officials are warning Americans against what they say would be the “hardest” week of the coronavirus crisis.  They say the death toll could be in unprecedented numbers these next two weeks.  Some hope was raised on Sunday in a slightly slowing number of fatalities in New York.

READ:  France Seeks Tougher Sanctions On Libyans Who Block Political Solution

President Donald Trump echoed some optimism during an evening briefing, but he still acknowledged that difficult situations are ahead.

Director of the US National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Dr. Anthony Fauci said in light of the optimism being expressed “tomorrow, the next day, are going to look really bad.”

READ:  France Air Strikes Target Convoy From Libya Gaining Deep In Chadian Territory

Confirmed coronavirus cases in the country have reached nearly three hundred forty thousand with just under ten thousand deaths.

Continue Reading

World News

Coronavirus: U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson ‘In Charge’ Despite Hospital Admission

Published

on

By

Coronavirus: UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson 'In Charge' Despite Hospital Admission

Britain’s Housing Secretary Robert Jenrick has said on Monday Prime Minister Boris Johnson would continue to lead the government despite spending the night in hospital with coronavirus.

Jenrick said “obviously today, he’s in hospital having the test but he’ll continue to be kept informed as to what’s happening and to be in charge of the government.”

READ:  World Bank: Rising Number Of Poor In Developed Economies

The housing secretary told BBC, “he’s been working extremely hard, leading the government and being constantly updated, that’s going to continue.”

Earlier, Johnson tested positive for coronavirus on March 27 and was taken to a London hospital on Sunday evening with “persistent symptoms” – including a temperature – for a series of routine tests.

READ:  U.S.' Mattis Says Russia Must Be Held Accountable For Cyber Attacks

The 55-year-old who had been isolating in Downing Street after testing positive for the virus was taken to hospital after his doctors felt he needed additional tests.

READ:  Britain Says Iran Attempted To Intercept Its Oil Tanker

Continue Reading

World News

Coronavirus: Wuhan Begins To Return To Everyday Life

Published

on

By

Coronavirus: Wuhan Begins To Return To Everyday Life

After more than two months of isolation, residents of Wuhan, China where it is believed to be the origin of the coronavirus outbreak, have been allowed to leave their homes for the first time in months as authorities are easing the city-wide lockdown that kept Wuhan’s 11 million residents at home.

Although, many shops are still closed after numbers of new cases of covid-19 have fallen dramatically, sidewalk vendors can be seen wearing face masks and gloves as they sold pork, tomatoes, carrots and other vegetables to shoppers on Friday.

READ:  US Federal Court Document Shows Indictment Against Wikileaks Founder Assange

Since the lockdown on January 23, many restaurants, shops and other businesses shut down in the city as residents relied on online groceries and government-organized food deliveries.

READ:  U.S.' Mattis Says Russia Must Be Held Accountable For Cyber Attacks

Residents have been slowly trickling back on to the streets of Wuhan which recorded more than 50,000 coronavirus cases. At least 3,000 persons died in Hubei province from coronavirus.

Volunteers in protective suits disinfected public areas in preparation for an increase in activity. Officials are concerned about the possibility of a second wave of infections, warning people to remain vigilant as it orders local health authorities to step up detection, monitoring and supervision.

READ:  Germany And US Disagree On Iran Deal

A total of 81,589 confirmed cases have been reported in China, which exclude asymptomatic patients, and 3,318 deaths from the outbreak.

Globally, the number of cases has topped 1 million, with at least 52,000 deaths.

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2018 African News Network. All Rights Reserved.

%d bloggers like this: